Sunday, August 3, 2008

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



It's time to "Celebrate"!!!


I just got back from the Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah. It's was an absolutely wonderful experience! One I will never forget! There was lots of fun to be had, lots of new friends that were made, and sleep... well let's just say I need to catch up on that. I wanted to share as much of my convention news and experience with you as I can. I hope you enjoy it.


I met my friend Cathy and our upline Stella, both from Sacramento, upon arriving in Salt Lake City and shared a room with them at convention. They were great roomies!





These are my new friends... Christine from Connecticut, Tami from Virginia and Lori from Washington DC. They made my first convention experience a really wonderful one. We met on the first day and were together from then on. I will miss them terribly and am hoping to see them again next year.





Some of you know that my upline, Stella Mackay and myself thought that I may be receiving an award from Stampin' Up! this year. Guess What???!!! I DID!!!! I am a RISING STAR! What does that mean? I am one of the top 15 new demonstrators who have completed a whole year with Stampin' Up! I never dreamed I would be in this position (well okay so I did dream about it, but I didn't think it would happen). I want to thank all of you who have been with me through this wonderful experience I have had sharing my love of Stampin' Up! and their products with you. I wouldn't be here without you! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!





Do you see the picture of me above? It was taken at convention at the awards booth right after I was handed an awesome gift. What is it? Well it's an absolutely wonderful, beautiful Stampin' Up! purse, complete with designer lining. I received it for being one of the rising stars. It's so awesome. Not only did I get the purse, but I also received a $500 cash award, a pin and a place on Stampin' Up!'s 2008 Founders Circle (OMG)!!! What an honor! I get to spend four days with approx. 140 other Stampin' Up! top demonstrators AND CEO & Co-Founder Shelli Gardner, in St. George Utah, this September... all expenses paid!!! I'm still in shock. Thank you for sharing in my exciting news.


Oh... I almost forgot... when I went up on stage and hugged Shelli, she told me that she was born in Lancaster, California. A fact that most people don't know. I felt very honored that she shared that information with me. It makes me feel a connection with her. I believe that she tries to do that with everyone. I can't wait to get to know her better in September.


Now on to some more of the exciting news from the convention...



  • NEW CATALOG INFO... The new Fall-Winter 2008 Idea Book & Catalog should be arriving any time now. I got my new copy at convention and it's awesome. It starts out with a scallop edge cut cover, so cute! It contains lots of stamps from the previous two mini catalogs, as well as lots of other new awesome stamp sets, designer papers, accessories, etc. I'll let you know when yours come in. If you haven't pre-ordered yours yet contact me asap to do so. (p.s. I'm extending my $5 catalog pre-order until August 10th so none of you miss out).



  • CHECK IT OUT... SU is partnering with Sizzix and releasing our own 'Big Shot' die cutting machine and exclusive Stampin' Up! dies. This 'Big Shot' is a "sturdy manual die cutting machine used to die cut materials for use on crafts, home decor projects, and even clothing". "The Big Shot works with ALL competitive dies, and the steel rule dies can cut through an impressive list of 50 different materials, including fabric, foil, and chipboard."



  • NEW CATALOG PROMOTION... From August 11 to September 30, Stampin' Up! is offering a 15% discount on 10 select new stamp sets, from the new Fall-Winter 2008 Idea Book & Catalog. They have never done this before. Maybe it's a way to celebrate SU's 20th Anniversary year.



  • SU! & COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINE JOIN TOGETHER AGAIN... In the December 2008 issue of Country Living Magazine, Stampin' Up! will be featured in a 21-page spread. Included will be an exclusive new "Country Living Holiday Collection Stampin' Kit".

  • DECOR ELEMENTS... Phase 2 of SU!'s new Decor Elements product line will be released in the Holiday Mini Catalog coming October 1st.







  • EXCITING NEWS... Shelli Gardner, SU CEO and Co-Founder announced her new "Shelli's Signature Collection" which include products that reflect her personal style. They'll be identified in future publications with a heart symbol. Keep your eyes open for more details.

  • A NEW BLOG... Shelli also announced that on Monday, August 4th she will begin blogging. She will be sharing personal tidbits about her life, project and gift ideas. Check it out on 8/4/08 at http://www.soshelli.com/ .

  • BE A DEMO PROMO... From August 11 to October 11, sign up to be a SU! demonstrator, by purchasing a Starter Kit, and receive any stamp set from the Fall-Winter 2008 Idea Book & Catalog FREE.

  • MORE REWARDS PROMO... From October 1 through November 30, with a $350 workshop or order, choose any stamp set from the Catalog Sampler FREE, in addition to your regular hostess benefits.

  • WORLD CARD MAKING DAY (OCTOBER 4) PROMO... From October 4 through 11, there will be 20% off a selection of Simply Sent Card Elements and Simply Sent Card Kits.

  • 20% OFF PROMO... From December 1 through January 18, when you spend $20 you will receive 20% OFF any one stamp set in the Catalog Sampler.

  • MAKING A DIFFERENCE PROGRAM... SU! is giving $2 per set for the new Ronald McDonald charity stamp set, "Say it With Scallops". The set is adorable and goes with our new scallop square punch. SU! donates $100,000 annually to this charity and has donated a total of $700,000 to date!

  • Beginning with the 2009 Spring-Summer Idea Book & Catalog, ALL stamps sets will be die-cut!


That's a lot of info, isn't it?! This 20th Anniversary year is sure to be a great one with Stampin' Up! I'm looking forward to it. I hope you are too!


Until next time...


Cherise :)







No comments: